Saturday, November 15, 2008

For Introduction

If you're reading this post, welcome to my little art blog, where I'll be posting various works of my art and other haberdashery. So anyways, to get the ball rolling, here are four works I've done with photoshop.



Firstly, a composite image pieced together in photoshop from this original image. I pursued this to test my photoshop skills, as well as make a portrait of a character I might play in the upcoming Darkfall Online MMO (but this isn't a gaming blog, so I'll quiet up).
The changes I applied:
  • Stripped armor and bandana off other guy, applied to this one
  • Desaturated all gold accessories
  • Gave him a little goatee
  • Moved arrows and added a more dangerous looking arrowhead
  • Extracted the result into a slightly altered image of Mongolia


This image was inspired by my roommate, who plays in our university marching band, and who's girlfriend requested the job. Work here was relatively simple: composite the two images, add some shadows and Star Wars text, and poof, a weird freaking picture.



These last two images are essentially random attempts at original photoshop art. The first might become a protagonist in a fantasy themed comic, as a halfing thief.

No comments: